For the 19th Annual Chefs Culinary Contest 2018
This years theme is:
A New Years Eve Dinner Party
A New Years Eve Decorative Table Setting
Sponsored by: Boat International Media Group, Boat International USA, Dockwalk, Kennedy's Club
Registration opens on:
Monday 15th October 2018 - 9am Eastern Caribbean Time
We can only accept 10 yachts in each category and successful entries will receive an email within 48hrs of registering. The mandatory Briefing for all confirmed entries is on:
Tuesday 4th December 2018, 3.30pm
Hospitality Area, Copper & Lumber Store Hotel, Nelsons Dockyard
Competition categories and judging days, the exact time judges will come aboard will be given at the briefing:
1. Yachts 160ft and Over Judged on Wednesday 5th December 2018
2. Yachts 126ft to 159ft Judged on Thursday 6th December 2018
3. Yacht 125ft and Under Judged on Friday 7th December 2018
Two great competitions in one ...The culinary Contest and the Table Decorating contest
Chefs you are asked to create a very special NEW YEARS EVE DINNER PARTY for your charter guests.
Stewardess/Stewards: Create an attractive NEW YEARS EVE TABLE SETTING to celebrate this special evening
NB: The Guest Preference Info is not in yet! But there will be special dietary criteria for each category. Plus information on how your charter guests want to celebrate this special evening. Once you have successfully entered the competition you will be sent your guest preferences and dietary criteria.
1. You are asked to create a first course, a main course and a dessert for your celebration New Years Eve dinner. Showcasing your talent and skills by creating your very best most creative dishes for your charter guests.
2. You will be given the special dietary requirement to work around once you have successfully entered and receive confirmation.
3. You will have 30 minutes to serve your three course menu to the panel of judges. You can serve taster size dishes and one full size presentation dish for photography.
4. The competition will be held onboard the yacht and a panel of judges will come aboard at the time given to you at the Chefs Briefing.
5. Judging criteria: Originality/Creativity - Taste/Flavour - Presentation - Execution/Technique - Adhering to the guest preferences - Overall Impression
1. You can serve your New Years Eve Dinner in any location you wish, outside, inside, dinning saloon, aft deck, sundeck, the choice is yours.
2. Your decorated table setting should be the same table where the chef serves his creations.
3. Judging criteria: Originality/Creativity - Adhering to the guest preferences and New Years Eve Theme - Overall Impression
PRIZE GIVING CEREMONY AND CHAMPAGNE RECEPTION:
The awards ceremony: Saturday 8th December from 5.30pm at The Admirals Inn, Nelsons Dockyard.
All yachts that have entered the completion please bring along the crew for support.
CHEFS: A winner and 2 runners up will be chosen from each category
TABLE SETTING: A winner will be chosen from each category
ALL PARTICIPATING YACHT CHEFS WITH THEIR CREWS, CHARTER BROKERS/MANAGERS, SPONSORS AND PRESS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND